Window 10 has a Quick Acess feature where you can see your recent visits files and folders, this feature has been kept in recently released Windows 11. This feature works excellent but some of the files and folders are displaying permanently while other files and folders are displayed on its use. In this post, we tell you how you can fix this without losing the features of fast access.
Disable Quick Access Windows Displaying Files And Folders In The File Explorer
File explorer of Quick Access Files and Folder can’t be turned off directly in the file manager. Here are the steps on how it’s done.
1. Open File Explorer Window.
2. The next step depends on the operating system.
- Windows 10 :- Now, Right-click on “Quick Access” and click on “Option” and Folder Options windows appears then “Uncheck” these two boxes of Privacy section.
- Windows 11 :- In windows 11 click on “Three Dots” and choose “Folder Option” and “Uncheck” these two boxes of Privacy section..
- Show recently used files in Quick Access – Displayed the recently used files and folder in file explorer.
- Show frequently used folders in Quick Access – Displayed the recently used files and folder in file explorer.
- Clear File Explorer history – It’s remove all your history and clean all the Quick Access files and folders.